I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Hi all!
I'm very new at using knoppix and have a little trouble with the soundcard. It's an onboard soundcard and it seems as though it cant find the right driver.
I have tried:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ dmesg |grep AC97
via82cxxx: timeout while reading AC97 codec (0xAA0000)
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: ADS112 (Unknown)
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lsmod |grep ac97
ac97_codec 11916 0 [via82cxxx_audio]
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lspci |grep AC97
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
And to be totally hones, I don't know the next step.
Please, help would be very much appritiated!
Thanx
Lasse
I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Ok, thanks, IŽll se if I can found something on there webpage. // Lasse

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77