I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Hi all!
I'm very new at using knoppix and have a little trouble with the soundcard. It's an onboard soundcard and it seems as though it cant find the right driver.
I have tried:
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ dmesg |grep AC97
via82cxxx: timeout while reading AC97 codec (0xAA0000)
ac97_codec: AC97 Audio codec, id: ADS112 (Unknown)
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lsmod |grep ac97
ac97_codec 11916 0 [via82cxxx_audio]
knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ lspci |grep AC97
0000:00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
And to be totally hones, I don't know the next step.
Please, help would be very much appritiated!
Thanx
Lasse
I have an Apollo board with via chips, and of course the ac97 sound. Ive never had that problem with 3.2-3.4. Via does have drivers for linux, so its best to check their site.
Ok, thanks, IŽll se if I can found something on there webpage. // Lasse

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99
Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM
$120.00