-
HD install without bootable CD drive
I am sure that someone must have asked this question earlier (though I was not able to locate it). Also a google search was not helpful.
The question is how do I install Knoppix on my computer's harddisk which does not support bootable CD drives. It does have bootable floppy drives. The computer is an old model, Pentium II with 128 MB RAM. I have managed to run Madrake on it by making boot floppies.
Newbie Mumtaz
-
Senior Member
registered user
there are bootfloppies available for knoppix3.3, should be posible for 3.4 aswell
-

Originally Posted by
OErjan
bootfloppies
Searched for bootfloppies on knoppix ftp site. Could not find it. I however came across this: mkbootfloppy.sh
Now trying to take this file it to my computer...
-
I am unable to execute mkbootfloppy.sh. How do I run this script?
Similar Threads
-
By user317 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 08:38 AM
-
By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 03:28 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
-
By ironstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00