Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ethernet not connecting to static IP router

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    Ethernet not connecting to static IP router

    I've got my computers set up to access our DSL through the router which handles the PPPoE. When I run Knoppix 3.4 off of a cd, I can't seem to get a network connection. It detects eth0 and eth1, and I set up eth0 (motherboard built in ethernet) to work with the router via netcardconfig, and give it a static IP, but I can't access the internet or the network. I can't even bring up the router menu. The router's ip is 192.168.1.1, which I entered as the default gateway, the ip address I use is 192.168.1.101, and I set the broadcast IP to 192.168.1.101. The nameserver is the same as the router ip (that's what works w/windows, and previous linux versions.) Can anyone please help me with this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    At least, the broadcast adress should be x.y.z.255 but I don't know whether it has to do with your problems.

    did you try pump?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    Ok, I'll try those. Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. How 2 ( Ethernet over Router)
    By VenomGeR in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
  2. Super Noob - Connecting to WiFi Router with laptop!
    By Deagle123 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
  3. Static IPs?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
  5. Static IP is not static!
    By beecee in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00