give a shot at remastering... using the howtos it is not too hard....
Man! After using this Knoppix distribution in one week...I have been filled with nothing but ideas and requests. It's that good! Anyhow, my thought now is to have two version since I hear alot of people make request but due to size restriction it is being neglected. HOW ABOUT TWO Knoppix - Server and Workstation? All the cool workstation based tools and apps and then the server based stuff everyone wants.
On a server note: What if the server is a full fleged Samba, Apache, NFS, etc server (I'm thinking in line of Windows Server services competition) then implement the persistent home feature for server (thx to Robert Michel in NEWS, I just learned this)?! I could replace some servers with this. Boot up the system drive with its apps in CD and using persistent home feature, have my data drive secured and always available!!!!
EADZ, I like how you customise the original Knoppix.I think you should do the graphical portions of this distro.
give a shot at remastering... using the howtos it is not too hard....
currently busy on a servermodule for morphix, if you have any wishes just throw them in
http://am.xs4all.nl/phpwiki/index.php/MainServer
(yes, another plug by me, sue me)
I'm looking for a dead easy cd bootable linux that will let me take my box of various pc parts and build a home NAS (Network attached storage) and maybe a MP3 streaming server. Seems like the Morphix mods hold the best hopes. Would be cool if it could imitate the functionality of the Linksys EFG80 (http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=43&prid=447).
Seems like an obvious thing to do?
-CB
Wow, thats one nice server, atleast something to work up to
I'll let ya all know when the servermod lands on the mirror, been some delays but we're getting there![]()
Hmm...if you add some mp3 streaming software why not turn it into a full on multi-media center: http://www.mytv.org This would be incredibly cool. I think there is an apt repository for this somewhere. That would be really cool. Take that Microsoft Media Center.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00