-
Ethernet not connecting to static IP router
I've got my computers set up to access our DSL through the router which handles the PPPoE. When I run Knoppix 3.4 off of a cd, I can't seem to get a network connection. It detects eth0 and eth1, and I set up eth0 (motherboard built in ethernet) to work with the router via netcardconfig, and give it a static IP, but I can't access the internet or the network. I can't even bring up the router menu. The router's ip is 192.168.1.1, which I entered as the default gateway, the ip address I use is 192.168.1.101, and I set the broadcast IP to 192.168.1.101. The nameserver is the same as the router ip (that's what works w/windows, and previous linux versions.) Can anyone please help me with this?
Similar Threads
-
By VenomGeR in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 08:12 PM
-
By Deagle123 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By LTCM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
-
By beecee in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75