-
Junior Member
registered user
print/nrowse
Dear Friends,
Since I am writing to you, I may assume that my wirless network works. However, for some reason, I cannot set up printing.
Printer is hp5550 attached to xppro box, via gateway. It functioned perfectly in libranet, similar type debian distro. No security settings have changed, yet the scan function undr anonymous ends with NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED, under guest, no answer at all, just the name ofnetwork, no other pc, c, and under knoppix, no password,the same.
In libranet, one used the root/rootpassword at the backend confiigure page in the kde manager, but here nothing seems to work.
In LinNeighbourhood, I can see the other machine, and its shares, but cannot mount anything, with the error -
cannot resolce mount point.
These are probably related, but I cannot figure out permissions, or how to make this work. Printing to a network, particularly one with little security, ought not to be a problem, but I cannot see my error.
What happened to xsmbrowser, by the way/
Best,
Maritn
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
yazdzik
In LinNeighbourhood, I can see the other machine, and its shares, but cannot mount anything, with the error -
cannot resolce mount point.
You can't mount a printer. You need to set up samba and use the CUPS web interface to print to the network. I put no faith in anything KDE as it is always breaking. Just point your browser to localhost:631 and use a URI something like: smb://Compaq-inh906bt/LexmarkO
Similar Threads
-
By rozen in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 11:19 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By nazimm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:11 AM
-
By slc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 11:34 PM
-
By Kurst_Putz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2003, 04:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95