Hi,
I'm trying to remaster Knoppix 3.4 to a DVD. I'm using the official distro to do my remaster and am running into problems. I'm not acutually customizing anything, but have added a 4GB .tar file. The create_compressed_fs command always seems to crash on me. After trying (what seems like an infinite number of) different things I started to notice that my crash was always occuring when the VmSize of the create_compressed_fs process reached about 3GB. After a little more research I'm getting the impression that there is a 3GB limitation on user space memory. Is this possible? If so, is there a way for me to work around it.
Any help would be appreciated,
Ryan

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00