-
Am I hitting a 3GB memory (user space) limit?
Hi,
I'm trying to remaster Knoppix 3.4 to a DVD. I'm using the official distro to do my remaster and am running into problems. I'm not acutually customizing anything, but have added a 4GB .tar file. The create_compressed_fs command always seems to crash on me. After trying (what seems like an infinite number of) different things I started to notice that my crash was always occuring when the VmSize of the create_compressed_fs process reached about 3GB. After a little more research I'm getting the impression that there is a 3GB limitation on user space memory. Is this possible? If so, is there a way for me to work around it.
Any help would be appreciated,
Ryan
Similar Threads
-
By GoP-Demon in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 02:22 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 02:21 PM
-
By futfutfut in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
-
By ChaosKCW in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:13 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$94.00

Vintage StuffIt Deluxe Mac Software Box SEALED NEW Macintosh Aladdin Systems
$40.00