-
Senior Member
registered user
Linuxshark,
Even though I can't understand any German, I know what you are going through, I went through the exact same issues with v3.3, and like you, was stuck in exactly the same place. Apt-get was broke all over the place, ALSA was broke and didn't work, and even OSS was damaged to the point that I had no sound at all...
Not sure if this will help, or that this is the way you can resolve this, but, it is how I got ALSA resolved on my Knoppix v3.3, and probably what I am going to do when I "exchange" v3.3 with v3.4, shortly...
I had to completely cfdisk my installation, start with a completely gutted system, boot the Live CD with the ALSA cheatcode on the boot prompt, and then hard drive install from the CD with the cheatcode. It appeared that in v3.3, installing from the CD with "certain" boot cheatcodes, would be inherited from the CD boot, to the hard drive install... (ALSA being one of these "certain" cheatcodes)
I guess, I plan to do the same thing when I re-install v3.4 - using the ALSA boot cheatcode on the CD, and then using that boot to hard drive install with. (hopefully, it will work again, with this new version, and that they didn't change that on this new version ( ? ))
I hope that this isn't the way, and that someone else has gotten ALSA to work the "right" way, as I have come to know it should be done: apt-get the packages, set them up, compile the source to the kernel, etc... I tried that way in v3.3, and got pretty much where you are now, with the previous version... So, I will be watching to see if anyone else can help you out, and probably be using that, if it gets you working...
I am not sure if this, has helped, other than the fact, you weren't alone with this. That someone else has been where you are, if not in the current version, but from the previous version,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Antaeus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
-
By beloncio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:09 PM
-
By Dextro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By ScreamingTemporalDoom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
-
By dzogchen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2680 V4 = 28 Cores H730 64GB RAM 4x 1TB SAS
$1071.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99