Bummer Linuxshark,

I was hoping that there was another way, really I was. I know this idea works, but it shouldn't have to be done this way. It should work the way you described, and I did it the same way, and yet, it didn't work for me either. Shame.

Its a shame that someone wasn't able to provide the working behind this, without having to use the boot cheatcode method, but, that was the only way "I" could get it to work, and no one else could get it to work the "proper" way of doing this.

I am quite sure that if "we" didn't decide on Knoppix, and went with Debian, or Red Hat, or any one of the "other" distributions, it would only work if we did it the way you were doing it, but it appears that isn't the case in the Knoppix World...

Good luck on your re-install, and again, sorry it appears that is the way it is going to work,
Ms. Cuddles