Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to install Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3

    How to install Knoppix

    This question has probably been asked a million times....But, I just need to know how I would go about installing Knoppix. I would really appreciate the help. I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking. Thank you for all of your time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    type this in konsol (black square with shell on it)

    sudo knoppix-installer

    then follow the instructions on the screen

    You'll need atleast a 3 gig ext-2 and 500 meg swap

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3
    I know what a konsole is dude...I have been running Unix for quite a bit of time. I am sorry if this sounds like a flame...but, I am not a moron. Even though I am not a moron...I am blind I could have gone to the Docs section and RTFM!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Wow...

    Quote Originally Posted by wtfisunix
    This question has probably been asked a million times....But, I just need to know how I would go about installing Knoppix. I would really appreciate the help. I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking. Thank you for all of your time.
    Went from that, to this...

    Quote Originally Posted by wtfisunix
    I know what a konsole is dude...I have been running Unix for quite a bit of time. I am sorry if this sounds like a flame...but, I am not a moron. Even though I am not a moron...I am blind I could have gone to the Docs section and RTFM!
    And yes, it does sound like a flame. Maybe your initial post shouldn't have said: "I would also appreciate it if I did not get flamed for asking.", but rather, "I would also appreciate that the person who responds to my question will be flamed, so be prepared!"

    What, a little touchy on the fact the person explained a little on where to find the Konsole at? Sheesh, lighten up DUDE. Considering this kind of post is not only around the tenth post on the exact same issue, and that "others", HOPEFULLY, read these posts to gain the same information, instead of posting, yet anouther, question about the exact same thing.

    Maybe, wtfisunix, you can consider that the "extra" information provided in the reply, may not have been for you, and for someone else, who might read this post, and not know what a Konsole is. Also, people, as volunteers, don't really appreciate being "flamed" themselves for providing YOU an answer, I sure don't...

    Anyway, nice attituide there wtfisunix, and thanks firebyrd10, good information, BTW, is the knoppix-installer command the one for Beginner, or for the Debian, or does it have prompts during the installer to decide? (for my information, that is.)

    Ms. Cuddles

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3
    I am sorry if I was being an ass. I did not mean to be. But I really appreciate the help, and I will keep all of that info in mind...I appreciate you getting me back in line. I realize that the post I made afterwards was out of line. But, uh thank you again..have a good day =)

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    I am one of those somebodies who did not post the question but is looking for the answer. And yay, i actaully know what a konsole is too!
    I thought you were supposed to type knx-hdinstall for some reason. I'm going to try to install the 2.6 kernel version.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4
    firebyrd10, Thanks for the complete and consise answer.... too bad there are people who will respond rudely to a complete answer.

    n yes I am a nu b 2 knoppix...

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    It seems with 3.4, the installer script is now called knx2hd.

    Edit: alright I just checked and knx2hd (as well as k2hd) are just symlinks to knoppix-installer.

Similar Threads

  1. Apt-get better with Debian install than Knoppix install?
    By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
  2. Upgrade Knoppix 3.6 HDD install to Knoppix 3.7 HDD install
    By techdesk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:14 AM
  3. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. saving home from hd-install, so i can install new knoppix
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height picture

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height

$899.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895 picture

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895

$77.97



2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3

$59.99



Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J picture

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J

$70.00