Hi everyone! I am a linux newbie.
I'm fascinated with knoppix and i'm trying to install it to this system.
I think people might find this setup interesting.
Dual PII 300
Onboard AIC7xxx scsi controller
NEC combo drive (16x DVD 52x CD-RW) IDE
Quantum 15gb (IDE)
Seagate 20gb (SCSI)
-- the rest is history --
I can't boot from the CD because when i do, it says:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
So i need to boot it using "failsafe"
However, i tried installing it via "failsafe" and it installs it to my IDE hd
when i wanted it on my SCSI hd. To make matters worse, QTparted can't even FIND my SCSI!![]()
I installed it using the command 'sudo knoppix-installer'.
So i'm booting it off my IDE hd in disgust and it's booting in failsafe
mode off the hd!
In short, i want to install it to my SCSI hd and and have it detect all my hardware like my wheelmouse or my soundcard etc.
I'm willing to try anything. Thanks for your help!
-=edit=-
I forgot to mention that it's looking for the Cdrom in
/dev/scd0/
and the light on my cdrom is flashing but i guess it's not recognizing that
it's a CD.
then i tried 'knoppix atapicd'
and then it looks for the cdrom in
/dev/hda/
but still finds nothing
-=edit=-

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99