Hi,
I was a Suse user and have installed the Knoppix V3.4 to disk. I have various small problems, ALSA and lm-sensors. But what is really getting me is that I seem to have very little in my /var/log/messages, in fact apart from the "MARK" messages after boot I see very little apart from ISDN messages.
In Suse I could also see the results of the INIT scripts, up to now I haven't found them here. I tried googling but till now didn't find anything fitting.
For example I run alsaconfig -L, the log file in /tmp is not created and I have no new messages in any log files in /var/log/. The etc/syslog.conf file didn't show me anything obvious.
I guess this is pretty basic, but the lack of messages is hampering my progress somewhat.
Cheers Brian

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Grade A Micron Cisco 64GB PC4-3200AA DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2 LOT
$599.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89