Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28

    I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

    During the setup, I used two different passwords.. one for root and one for use.. any time I try using either to log in (GUI or terminal), I can't. Login failed/wrong password, etc. I know for a fact I'm typing correctly... anyone know some sort of workaround?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    Yup, this happened to me when I first installed it with multiuser support. Did you change the root password before you ran the setup? I did that and I think it caused this problem. Hope this solves your problem

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Just a thought: are you sure you are using the correct keyboard map? If that's not your problem, you could reboot from cd, mount your HD root FS, chroot into it and use the "passwd" command to restore a known password. Let us know if you want to try that and need assistance...

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28
    Hmmm... thanks for the tips, folks. I'll have to try them later, though... installing (well, trying to) Gentoo at the moment. Man, what a pain in the ass this is.

Similar Threads

  1. Sweet desktop screenshot
    By linuxbeta in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 04:57 AM
  2. Sweet! This is awesome
    By thebentfender in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 05:20 PM
  3. Looks sweet!
    By dunbar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details picture

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details

$95.00



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98