Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28

    I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

    During the setup, I used two different passwords.. one for root and one for use.. any time I try using either to log in (GUI or terminal), I can't. Login failed/wrong password, etc. I know for a fact I'm typing correctly... anyone know some sort of workaround?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    Yup, this happened to me when I first installed it with multiuser support. Did you change the root password before you ran the setup? I did that and I think it caused this problem. Hope this solves your problem

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Just a thought: are you sure you are using the correct keyboard map? If that's not your problem, you could reboot from cd, mount your HD root FS, chroot into it and use the "passwd" command to restore a known password. Let us know if you want to try that and need assistance...

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28
    Hmmm... thanks for the tips, folks. I'll have to try them later, though... installing (well, trying to) Gentoo at the moment. Man, what a pain in the ass this is.

Similar Threads

  1. Sweet desktop screenshot
    By linuxbeta in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 04:57 AM
  2. Sweet! This is awesome
    By thebentfender in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 05:20 PM
  3. Looks sweet!
    By dunbar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


[LOT OF 96]  M393B2G70QH0-CK0 SAMSUNG 16GB 2RX4 PC3-12800R picture

[LOT OF 96] M393B2G70QH0-CK0 SAMSUNG 16GB 2RX4 PC3-12800R

$1920.00



LOT OF 8  SK Hynix 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T RDIMM Server Memory HMA81GR7AFR8N-UH picture

LOT OF 8 SK Hynix 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T RDIMM Server Memory HMA81GR7AFR8N-UH

$239.95



Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM picture

Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM

$70.00



RDIMM MICRON  DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks  5600 RAM picture

RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM

$449.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM – SK Hynix PC4‑3200 (Server/Workstation RAM)HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN picture

32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM – SK Hynix PC4‑3200 (Server/Workstation RAM)HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN

$550.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00