Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28

    I bet 3.4 would be sweet, if I could log in..

    During the setup, I used two different passwords.. one for root and one for use.. any time I try using either to log in (GUI or terminal), I can't. Login failed/wrong password, etc. I know for a fact I'm typing correctly... anyone know some sort of workaround?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    76
    Yup, this happened to me when I first installed it with multiuser support. Did you change the root password before you ran the setup? I did that and I think it caused this problem. Hope this solves your problem

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Just a thought: are you sure you are using the correct keyboard map? If that's not your problem, you could reboot from cd, mount your HD root FS, chroot into it and use the "passwd" command to restore a known password. Let us know if you want to try that and need assistance...

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28
    Hmmm... thanks for the tips, folks. I'll have to try them later, though... installing (well, trying to) Gentoo at the moment. Man, what a pain in the ass this is.

Similar Threads

  1. Sweet desktop screenshot
    By linuxbeta in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 04:57 AM
  2. Sweet! This is awesome
    By thebentfender in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 05:20 PM
  3. Looks sweet!
    By dunbar in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



SanDisk 1.6TB SSD SAS 2.5

SanDisk 1.6TB SSD SAS 2.5" 12Gbps Server Hard Drive SDLTOCKR-016T-5CA1 12G

$257.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00



Micron 1100 MTFDDAK512TBN 512GB SSD SATA III 2.5in Laptop/PC Solid State Drive picture

Micron 1100 MTFDDAK512TBN 512GB SSD SATA III 2.5in Laptop/PC Solid State Drive

$64.99