Hi All
I want dual boot with WinXP (60gig Master) and have another (60gig Slave) that I want to put Knoppix 3.4 on to. The Knoppix 3.4 Live CD runs fine but when I try a HDD install (sudo knoppix-installer or sudo knx2hd) the installer starts fine, I go through the processes but during the install, copying files to hdd (at random times) I get segmentation faults..the pc beeps twice, asks for a floppy & carries on with the install but of course when I reboot nothing...
I had previously had Knoppix 3.2 2003/7/26 on this drive and all was ok so I tried that cd but I got the same results as with 3.4..
Now I have installed a new motherboard 2 days ago and thats why I want to do a fresh install, I put in a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L with a Athlon XP 2200+ cpu and 256mg PC2700 DD ram.
The partitions I have (for Knoppix) are hdb1 100mg boot hdb5 45 gig hdb6 14gig (use for home) and hdb6 1 gig swap file..
The Motherboard (sad to say) works fine with Win XP pro.
Here is the latest result of my attempt
THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!
Keith
knx2hd
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 499: 4866 Segmentation fault cp -a * $TARGET_MNT_PO INT
cp: cannot create symbolic link `/mnt/hdinstall/mnt/cdrom': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create symbolic link `/mnt/hdinstall/mnt/cdrom1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create symbolic link `/mnt/hdinstall/mnt/floppy': No such file or directory
chroot: mount: No such file or directory
chroot: rebuildfstab: No such file or directory
chroot: umount: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/etc/passwd': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/etc/shadow': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/etc/group': No such file or directory
sed: can't read /tmp/knoppix-installer.4540-806/passwd: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /tmp/knoppix-installer.4540-806/shadow: No such file or directory
chroot: sh: No such file or directory
chroot: sh: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /tmp/knoppix-installer.4540-806/group: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/home/knoppix': No such file or directory
chroot: chown: No such file or directory
chroot: mount: No such file or directory
chroot: su: No such file or directory
chroot: umount: No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/keith/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc: No such file or directory.
mv: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/home/keith/.mozilla/knoppix': No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/keith/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
find: /mnt/hdinstall/home/keith: No such file or directory
chroot: update-rc.d: No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: No such file or directory.
chroot: update-inetd: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 342: /mnt/hdinstall/etc/kde3/system.kdeglobals: No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc: No such file or directory.
mv: cannot move `/mnt/hdinstall/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession' to `/mnt/hdinstall/root/xsession.knx-hdinstall.backup': No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc: No such file or directory.
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 200: /mnt/hdinstall/home/keith/.wmrc: No such file or directory
chroot: update-rc.d: No such file or directory
chroot: update-rc.d: No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/sbin/hotplug-knoppix: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: No such file or directory.
chroot: mount: No such file or directory
chroot: su: No such file or directory
chroot: umount: No such file or directory
chroot: dpkg: No such file or directory
chroot: dpkg: No such file or directory
chroot: dpkg: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/mnt/hdinstall/usr/share/applnk/Knoppix/*': No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 396: /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 402: /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 402: /mnt/hdinstall/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh: No such file or directory
chroot: update-rc.d: No such file or directory
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf: No such file or directory.
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 55: export: `INITRD_PARAM_?_*=ramdisk_size=100000 ': not a valid identifier
find: /mnt/hdinstall/lib/modules/?.*/: No such file or directory
find: /mnt/hdinstall/lib/modules/?.*/: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 115: export: `INITRD_PARAM_?_*=': not a valid identifier
/usr/sbin/knx2hd: line 116: export: `INITRD_?_*=': not a valid identifier
chroot: lilo: No such file or directory

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99