Check your bios. Turn off support for the on board card. Then your pci card should be detected and work. You may also want to try using the alsa cheat code.
I have a motherboard with a built in sound card. The quality isn't great so I put in a Soundblaster card I had lying around. But it doesn't get detected. Is there an incantation from LILO to detect two sound cards?
Ideally what I'd like to do is send system beeps through the onboard sound card and send audio through the soundblaster. Any tips how I could do this?
TIA
Check your bios. Turn off support for the on board card. Then your pci card should be detected and work. You may also want to try using the alsa cheat code.

Vintage Working Apple IIc and Monitor. With Packaging. A collector's dream
$659.99
E2 Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & Bus Mouse II M2706
$79.99
Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H
$24.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)
$100.00
Vintage Apple II Software 5.25 Floppy Disk Lot DOS 3.3 HomeWord Webster’s 1980s
$34.99
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Macintosh PowerBook G3 141 PDQ Vintage Laptop Late 1998 G2U
$56.00