Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Getting More Help With a Hard Drive Install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14

    Getting More Help With a Hard Drive Install

    I just installed 3.4 to my hard drive last night and everything seems to be going well. Anyone who says that Linux is too difficult to install hasn't used Knoppix.

    Now that I have it installed, I'm noticing that several things are much slower than my old RedHat 8.0 install (especially OO.o and Mozilla). I want to start optimizing things so that the machine is as snappy as I can make it. I know that the new KDE probably takes up some more overhead but, there have to be ways to streamline.

    I'm not necessarily looking for help with this here though I would gladly take any help that anyone would like to offer. Instead, what I'm trying to figure out is where the best place to go for that info would be. Debian.org is fine, but most of the stuff there is mailing lists instead of web boards. I know that Google probably mirrors these, but is there a good web board (similar to this one or the OpenOffice forums) where I should be looking.

    Thanks.
    --
    Brian

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You might like to try:

    http://www.debianhelp.org/

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I appreciate the help.

Similar Threads

  1. Empty hard drive install
    By shawgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 11:07 AM
  2. Hard Drive install
    By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
  3. Hard drive install - issues
    By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. Hard drive Install
    By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
  5. how do I install Knoppix on my hard drive?
    By bubazoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS  With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite Laptop T1910CS With Adapter, Mouse, Manual-Parts Only

$150.00



Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer picture

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer

$419.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard picture

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard

$350.00



Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces

$85.00



Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case picture

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case

$99.99



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$14.75



Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ* picture

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*

$80.00



Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards picture

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards

$57.59