Well it seems that Intel is starting to get a clue with regard to Linux. Many of you with Centrino wireless cards were probably overjoyed when they released the IPW2100 driver for their 802.11g chips. Today I read an article where Intel is also starting to provide support for the 802.11g Centrino chips.

There's more info here

Moreover Intel plans to release its new bios replacement under an open source license. Let's pray that this makes power management easier in Linux! I remember reading Linus once saying in some speech he was giving that if there were any Intel developers present who had worked on ACPI that they should kill themselves before they reproduce. From my experiences of trying to get ACPI working in Linux, I'd have to agree! In any event let's hope Intel is paving a road for a better future.

The info on this second story is here.