-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanx RockMumbles,
This is the info I need.
Robert Michel, you are a linux purist and there's always a need for that. I'm learning Linux any way I can. I read the Linux for Dummies book and several online sources. However Linux on your HD is a whole differant animal than auto-detecting Koppix live CD Linux. I have installed Libernet/Debian Linux on my HD and it had all kinds of issues after it installed. I found out where grub was and how to edit the configuration files so now it dual boots to the windows boot loader. /etc/fstab was only letting me access the root partition and I didn't know how to fix it. I just booted into Knoppix and copied its fstab file over commented out and moved the rest of the partitions over and read the 'man mount' file to good effect. I did most of this while in Knoppix. I then created the mount point directories. It's all good so far.
I now know about GRUB config and fstab config thanx to Knoppix and a lot of help from my on line friends.
Similar Threads
-
By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By artikid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 03:05 AM
-
By Salzi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By MSTDLR in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:08 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 64 C64 Computer & RF TV Switch Cable UNTESTED NO POWER SUPPLY AS IS
$104.99

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99