-
Senior Member
registered user
Since I have a few configs saved already, if I 'knoppix myconfig=scan 2' that would still pull in my configurations while starting me in tty 2?
Once saved, this configuration should be how it starts every time when I enter my just my master cheat code 'knoppix myconfig=scan'. It works that way for my XFree86 xserver and wheelmouse once I've used the cheats to enable them.
Well I tried it and startx got me a root session @ 600x800 from the run level 2 option. I saved the configs and rebooting with just myconfig got me a normal knoppix session. I think the dual knoppix/root kde switch worked best so far. How do you get into a Knoppix user session from the rl2 prompt?
-
Senior Member
registered user
How do you get into a Knoppix user session from the rl2 prompt?
at the root prompt (#) use:
su knoppix
then:
startx
I've noticed that knoppix is not 100% predictable as far as running X sessions, I get different font sizes (maybe different screen resolutions) with different logins, and I haven't looked into it enough to see if there is a pattern.
I like starting in runlevel 2 so that if I log out of kde the machine doesn't reboot.
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
I like starting in runlevel 2 so that if I log out of kde the machine doesn't reboot.
rock
That would be real handy when Klaus gets GNOME back on
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
How do you get into a Knoppix user session from the rl2 prompt?
at the root prompt (#) use:
su knoppix
then:
startx
The way Knoppix does it usually is
at the root prompt (#) use:
init 5
This way, it should fully behave like a regular booted Knoppix session. You also can go back from runlevel 5 to runlevel 2 with
sudo init 2
Similar Threads
-
By paulrbarnard in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By artikid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 03:05 AM
-
By Salzi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By MSTDLR in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:08 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$76.98

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99