Im using Asus A7N8X deluxe.Needin help too to use the onboard lan and sound.
Running newest version of Knoppix 3.4 using base 2.6 kernel by entering: "linux26" to boot it.
I have an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard and using the onboard 3COM 3C940 Gb Ethernet LAN.
I can't seem to modprobe drivers for it, are there any avilaible for the 2.6 kernel, i would think they are built in somewhere what am i doing wrong?
Thanks!
Im using Asus A7N8X deluxe.Needin help too to use the onboard lan and sound.
I have the same onboard 3COM Gigabit LOM 3C940 with my Asus P4P800 mainboard. Knoppix doesn't detect it on boot. So I should use modprobe to load the module sk98lin to make it work. You may try to do the same.
su
modprobe sk98lin
For the sound (ADI AC 1985 SoundMax), I have to use the cheatcode knoppix alsa on boot.
It's really bad that Knoppix doesn't detect theses two pieces on boot while others (MandrakeMove 1&2, Suse Live or Lindows Live) do it without any struggle.
Hope this helps
sweet thanks a lot for the tip, i couldnt figure out what module i needed to load. As far as sound goes i never hada problem, it uses the emu10k driver for my SB Audigy
hi everybody,
I have this problem runnig knoppix 3.4 from cd in my asus motherboard.
For hear a sound how I have to do for use alsa code?
I have only to type in alsa on boot ? or I need to use an another code too?
And can I configure ethernet lan running from cd? or I have to install it?
Many thanks for your help

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Computer With Original Box, Manual, Vinyl Cover And 20 Loose Games
$150.00
Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Berkeley Softworks geoMouse Commodore 64 128 C64 C128 GEOS Mouse DB9 Vintage
$59.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99