Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Help on Knoppix 3.4 detecting onboard LAN

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4

    Help on Knoppix 3.4 detecting onboard LAN

    Running newest version of Knoppix 3.4 using base 2.6 kernel by entering: "linux26" to boot it.

    I have an Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard and using the onboard 3COM 3C940 Gb Ethernet LAN.

    I can't seem to modprobe drivers for it, are there any avilaible for the 2.6 kernel, i would think they are built in somewhere what am i doing wrong?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Norkia
    Posts
    3
    Im using Asus A7N8X deluxe.Needin help too to use the onboard lan and sound.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    I have the same onboard 3COM Gigabit LOM 3C940 with my Asus P4P800 mainboard. Knoppix doesn't detect it on boot. So I should use modprobe to load the module sk98lin to make it work. You may try to do the same.

    su
    modprobe sk98lin

    For the sound (ADI AC 1985 SoundMax), I have to use the cheatcode knoppix alsa on boot.

    It's really bad that Knoppix doesn't detect theses two pieces on boot while others (MandrakeMove 1&2, Suse Live or Lindows Live) do it without any struggle.

    Hope this helps

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4
    sweet thanks a lot for the tip, i couldnt figure out what module i needed to load. As far as sound goes i never hada problem, it uses the emu10k driver for my SB Audigy

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1
    hi everybody,

    I have this problem runnig knoppix 3.4 from cd in my asus motherboard.

    For hear a sound how I have to do for use alsa code?

    I have only to type in alsa on boot ? or I need to use an another code too?

    And can I configure ethernet lan running from cd? or I have to install it?

    Many thanks for your help

Similar Threads

  1. Detecting motherboard type and name from within Knoppix?
    By tommydl in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 09:12 AM
  2. knoppix-installer not detecting my harddrive?
    By darkwid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. Knoppix not detecting my cd-rom
    By angeluss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:59 AM
  4. Detecting netcard under Knoppix 3.3
    By acidcho in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 01:28 AM
  5. Knoppix isn't detecting my HD
    By fullerton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99