Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ACX100 driver in 3.4 ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    ACX100 driver in 3.4 ?

    I have a D-Link Air-Plus DWL- 650+ WLAN card that isn't being recognized by Knoppix. I've seen there is a driver available (http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php#app_b) but it looks like a lot of work and since I don't have a linux partition on my notebook (or anywhere else to keep a persistent home dir) it's something I'd have to repeat on every boot.

    So, I'm hoping someone out there has a better grasp of this and has taken the next step of doing a remaster that includes this driver.
    (and that they're the generous sort who'd like to make it available for download.... )
    If I were a bit more ambitious and/or Linux savvy I'd remaster a CD to include the driver but I'm too busy and too much of a Linux noob.

    I'd be really happy if there was support for the TI ACX100 chipset on the next Knoppix release. If someone (smarter and harder working than me) has already made a remaster to include this driver (or is planning on doing so) please let me know.
    Does anyone know if the next release is acx100 friendly? It would make my knoppix experience on my notebook go so much moe smoothly.

    Thanks,

    Walter

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3

    update

    Sadly the is no remake with driver yet as it is still not stable (even though it is for me
    the site you mentioned has been updated to include some precompiled drivers for Knoppix 3.3

    I have made modules for various distro s. This includes 3.4 of Knoppix. Using the scripts and saving it knoppix config work so good it is not much of an inconvenience. (i just make sure i click on the start_net script i modified on my desktop and im all set)

    It will be included in time; just not yet.

    nknownuser at shaw dot ca if more questions.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:55 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.4 & Acx100 | Please help
    By bobdenar in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2004, 02:11 PM
  3. Nforce 2 driver/USB driver
    By gecco in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 05:40 AM
  5. [driver probbs] - Intel PRO/wireless 2110 pcmcia driver.
    By MeglaW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1980’s Apple Macintosh Laptop Carrying Case, Rainbow Logo, NEW picture

Vintage 1980’s Apple Macintosh Laptop Carrying Case, Rainbow Logo, NEW

$129.95



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete picture

Vintage AT&T 6312 WGS COMPUTER 386 POWERS ON & Complete

$249.95



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



Vintage PTI-217 Multi I/O ISA Controller Card Serial Parallel Floppy VLSI Card picture

Vintage PTI-217 Multi I/O ISA Controller Card Serial Parallel Floppy VLSI Card

$100.00



Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5

Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5" Floppy Disk Set w/ COA Manual Vintage PC

$200.00



Vintage American Logic Custom PC Intel i486 DX2-66 CPU & OPTi Motherboard picture

Vintage American Logic Custom PC Intel i486 DX2-66 CPU & OPTi Motherboard

$155.00



Vintage 1998 Apple Studio Display 15

Vintage 1998 Apple Studio Display 15" 45W Power Adapter M4551

$89.99



Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare picture

Zilog Z8000 CPU Programmer's Reference Guide April 1981 Vintage Tech Manual Rare

$48.66



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99