Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19

    Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem

    Ive just remastered MiniKnoppix for the 3rd time, only to get the same error everytime I do it:

    Code:
    Welcome to KNOPPIX live Linux-on-CD!
    
    
     Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM at /dev/scd0.../modules/cloop.o: init_module:
    Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including IO and IRQ parameters
    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
    Press reset button to quit.
    Im remastering from a working MiniKnoppix version, i unpack the filesystem then switch to knoppix 3.3 to chroot and make the iso. I dont seem to get any errors and the iso seems to be the correct size.

    Im following the commands *exactly*, and I even tried the feather linux tutorial:

    http://featherlinux.berlios.de/remastering.html

    and im gettin the same error everytime.

    There was a similiar post a month ago (http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...f1c050241a8bae), but none of the suggestions worked.

    What am i doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10
    Same problem here.

    The Remastering HOWTO has some obvious mistakes and is less than clear on remastering 3.4, can someone please give a complete list of instructions.

    On a related matter, where is the source for create_compressed_fs? I need to run it on a RedHat 7.3 machine and the version of glibc is different.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    This error occurs when you use a different cloop version to remaster.

    It's best to remaster from the same OS you are trying to remaster to avoid this issue. I discovered this when trying to remaster Knoppix 3.4 when booted from Knoppix 3.2.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by arkaine23
    This error occurs when you use a different cloop version to remaster.
    Ah, that'll be it, I used an old version of create_compressed_fs. I'm re-mastering on a RedHat 7.3 box, where can I find the source?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10
    Right, I've rebuilt a static version of create_compressed_fs and used that to remaster and still the same problem.

    This is very frustrating, I had no problems with 3.3. I want to use 3.4 as it has alot of nice features but unless I can crack this I'll have to dump it.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    Miniknoppix is based on 3.3, im using 3.3 to do the remaster.

    I have a debian install on the computer im remastering with, can I apt-get some cloop utils and use that? I can copy /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs from 3.3 too. What version of cloop should I get?

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    I just another remaster from debian, after doing apt-get install cloop-utils
    Im getting the same error!
    Whats going on?

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    48

    cloop-2.01

    cloop-2.01 is needed for kernel 2.6.x up
    get it from alex's "morphix" or nakada's "berry linux" or klaus's linuxtag_developer
    the module cloop.ko is tightly associated with kernel_version which "compiles" it

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10

    Re: cloop-2.01

    Quote Originally Posted by wangji
    the module cloop.ko is tightly associated with kernel_version which "compiles" it
    Of course it is, but I'm not replacing the kernel or the module. Is create_compressed_fs or what it creates dependant on the kernel too?

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Yes, the cloop module is specific to the kernel, and create_compressed_fs will use whatever version of cloop your kernel is using.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
  2. DVD - Can't find a KNOPPIX Filesystem
    By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
  3. can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  4. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By pskipw in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
  5. can't find KNOPPIX filesystem
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99