-
Boot problems again
I am having trouble running Knoppix on my laptop (Acer Travelmate 240)
I know the disk is good as it works on my desktop pc
I have burnt a 2nd disk at a slower rate (8x) still no good
I get to the boot prompt and if I press enter I just get a blank screen
with certain cheat codes I can get a couple of steps further where it says loading vmlinuz
miniroot.gz
then I get a lione of text at the top of the screen that says Uncompressing Linux... OK, booting the kernal
At this point it just hangs nothing happens at all
I have tried all the cheatcodes
and I have read about 100 forum posts but still can't find an answer
Graphics details if you need them are Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME controller
can anyone help me please
Similar Threads
-
By phoenixzero in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 06:14 AM
-
By Linuxguy in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
-
By Jobbe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:27 AM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95