-
b44 driver doesn't work on Acer TM 663 with knoppix 3.4
Using Knoppix 3.4 on an Acer Travelmate 663LMi, I cannot get the broadcom ethernet LAN to work. It is recognized at boot. I use the nodhcp cheatcode and then set up the card with knoppix network config.
lspci shows:
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev 01)
dmesg shows (eth0 is a centrino wireless card which I don't use at the moment.):
b44: eth1: Link is down.
b44: eth1: Link is up at 10 Mbps, half duplex.
b44: eth1: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
ifconfig eth1 shows:
eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:C0:9F:35:74:EB
inet addr:164.15.134.161 Bcast:164.15.134.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:33 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:2112 (2.0 KiB)
Interrupt:11
But when I try to ping the machine next to mine, I get no response whatsoever, no error messages either. I can see the LAN interface pinging (light flashing).
Mepis uses the bcm4400 driver from broadcom, not the b44 kernel driver, and it works perfectly. However, I had the impression that others managed to get the b44 driver to work. I have tried booting knoppix with nosmp and noacpi, but this didn't change anything.
Any hints ?
Similar Threads
-
By kingsmokie in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By Urb85 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
-
By splittik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By StevAlone in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 09:09 AM
-
By ying-yang7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

4 Rare Vintage S-100 Video Boards
$595.00

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage Apple Keyboard M0116 ADB Macintosh Mechanical Tested Working w Cable
$79.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

NEW StarTech ATXPOWER250 250W ATX PC Power Supply Vintage Pentium II III AMD K6
$94.98