-
Ok, when I do the cfdisk thing, it only looks at my first hdd. hda2 has the boot flag on. But my linux install is on hdb5! And I can't seem to check it. I type cfdisk /mnt/hdb5 and it says its in read only, even though I mounted the drive, and changed the read-write access. I see my knoppix install in there and everything but it doesnt work. I tried the knoppix bootfromhd thing and it can't find something. And yes, I found the bootsect thing, copied it to a floppy, pasted in C: of windows and put in boot.ini your thing. It just gives me a black screen with the flashing underscore...
Is there something inside bootsect? I opened it in notepad and its empty...
Also, if this doesnt work, how do I dual boot with LILO? Without completely killing my MBR...
Similar Threads
-
By AJones in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 05:20 AM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By jan.tw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 07:40 PM
-
By rue-bock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
-
By corrosion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99