-
total freeze when writing to a tape
I am booting a generic P3 machine from a KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN CD ( no hard drive install). I have a Qlogic 1080 card installed, and a Quantum ATL Superloader library attached to it, with a SDLT 320 drive inside. Module qla1280 gets autoloaded, and I can access the drive through device /dev/nst0. When I start writing to a tape using tar or dump, it writes a little bit and then the system completely freezes, requiring a reset. However, when I boot the same machine from an Insert-1.2.8 CD ( which is a Knoppix mini-derivative ), everything works fine.
Any idea how I can debug this problem further?
Thanks
Igor
Similar Threads
-
By tiiim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By rvijay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 05:11 AM
-
By Jacen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 02:38 AM
-
By foobar13 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:54 PM
-
By thoste in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99