-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix rescues young lady from death by boredom
Hardly earth-shattering news here, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
I was off installing a computer network in the deep wilds of North Mississippi today, and the customer's daughter was stuck hanging around waiting for it all to drag to a slow end. She did an impressive job of amusing herself waaay beyond the call of duty, but ran out of entertainment long before the day ended.
Fortunately I had a few knoppix CDs handy. I was able to get her up and running with a little Frozen Bubble and let her hang onto the CD for future use. I also pointed her to this forum since she seemed to get some use out of it.
Thanks to Mr. Knopper for at least somewhat reducing the unbearable tedium of a young lady forced to endure the pergatory of waiting for a bunch of network madness to be resolved.
Similar Threads
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum News
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 08:19 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:40 PM
-
By Veclord in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 05:45 PM
-
By pierre-m in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage
$599.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

DayStar Digital 68030 50MHz Macintosh Accelerator Card w/ 68882 FPU Vintage
$399.00

Vintage Zak McKracken Alien Mindbenders Big Box Commodore 64/128 Insert UNTESTED
$205.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99