-
Install Knoppix Kernel on Debian 3.0/2.4.18-xfs-bf2.4
Hi
I have problems to install the Kernel from Knoppix on a Debian 3.0/2.4.18-xfs-bf2.4 System.
I have 2 Harddisks,
sda1
sda2
sda3 (/)
hdb1 /data (xfs)
While booting, the ide-drive seems to be recognized, but gives errors:
task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
task_no_data_intr: status=0x { DriveStatusError }
.
.
.
ide: late registration of driver
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
.
.
.
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-8, errno = 2
VFS: Cannot open root device "803" or 08:03
Please append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:03
What I have done so far:
I've set up Debian 3.0 with the 2.4.18-xfs-bf2.4 Kernel CD-Image.
Now I want to change the Kernel to the same as on the Knoppix 3.4 CD with the same configuration as on the 3.4 CD.
I downloaded the Kernel Source,
un-tar'ed
applied the Kernel Patch witch patch -p1 < ~blabla.kernel.patch
then copied the .config from the knoppix-CD
and made a make menuconfig
There I chose
Filesystem /
* XFS filesystem support,
* Quota support
* Realtime support
then I compiled the kernel and installed it.
What would you do?
I just need a running debian 3.0 system with a minimal configuration, xfs, the e100 driver and apm or/and acpi.
I tried already to install a 2.4.25 Kernel, but it seems, that apm is not working for my machine and I would need acpi to turn off the computer. But I don't know which acpi and apm configuration options for the kernel are needed to do that.
Who can help me?
Greetings
Michael
Similar Threads
-
By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 01:04 PM
-
By Kayen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM
-
By chukky25 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:21 PM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By fish_guy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-22-2003, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99