-
Ok, sorry, i know this much about Linux: *squat*. Anyway, i use a Realtek 8139. I made the mistake of saying i installed these drivers, i do run knoppix from the CD, i loaded the modules for my device. Knoppix detects the card and everything, but when using netcardconfig it fails ( I say "yes" when it asks me if i want to use DHCP broadcast). I have no idea how to find local computers or *talk* to my router. I heard somebody mention something named Lisa? So i typed that in and it supposedly started some LAN program....which i have no clue how to use. What more information should I provide? Can you provide help from this point?
PS: I have looked at other threads, and tried a few things (hence my references to Lisa and "lspci -v" script), but i have yet to find something that'll help me specifically.
Similar Threads
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:12 AM
-
By Sebastian Mares in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By TheOddLinguist in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:36 AM
-
By SpankySTD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By mikehallsted in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

HP Z800 Workstation x2 Intel Xeon E5630 8GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD/OS
$199.99