-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
spartn119
EDIT: I think i entered the wrong IP address for my machine during the netcardconfig. I put in one that matches the result of ipconfig in windows, and when i typed in "sudo mii-tool -r" at the prompt it said: "reconfiguring autonegotiation" (or something very similar). Unfortunately, when i ran netcardconfig, the DHCP broadcast failed and the internet still isn't working.
I don't know why (or how) you entered an IP address at all. I thought you were just typing in netcardconfig at the prompt (no options) or even bringing it up from the Knoppix GUI menu. You should get a GUI prompt asking if you want to set it up by DHCP (even if you started it from the text shell). Click on the button that does the DHCP setup. Of course, you can set it up manually instead, but that does require you knowing several settings.
I do have a diagnostic for the RealTek RTL8129/8139 chips. Your e-mail link isn't set up, but if you send me an e-mail address by clicking on my email link I'll send you the C code for it (you have to compile it yourself, but thats part of the "fun" of Linux). I don't have a Realtek and have not run it, so I can't say if it will help or not. Oh yea, you should have a Fat partition of some type on your hard disk to compile the program. If you only have one (or more) NTFS partitions on your WinXP hard drive(s), DO NOT write to these partitions with Knoppix. You have to remount a partition as read-write (Knoppix defaults to opening them read-only) and the common wisdom is that while the Linux NTFS driver seems to read OK it is not trusted to write to a NTFS partition.
DO NOT post your email address back in the forum; that will only introduce you to tons of spam. Use the link on one of my post to send me an address and I'll respond with the program if you want to give it a shot.
Similar Threads
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:12 AM
-
By Sebastian Mares in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 12:55 PM
-
By TheOddLinguist in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 12:36 AM
-
By SpankySTD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By mikehallsted in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00