Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
Hey,
I'm a complete newbie to linux in general. Koppix is working great but I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of software it comes with. I've looked for a complete list of software that comes with Knoppix, and either I've missed it or it doesn't exist.
Is their a complete list of programs for this knoppix 3.4 w/ descriptions of what they do?
OR Is their a way to inventory knoppix to determine what software exists?
**(not looking for 'how to use' information just an overview, enough to know what it's useful for)
Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
thanks but i've been there.
It only gives the highlights, (i guess most popular programs). their is a lot more than that on the CD.
Try using KPackage. Click on the Installed tab and click on the package name, on the right side will be a brief description.
Thanks so much,
KPackage is perfect, better than I hoped for...![]()

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99
2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00