I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.
Gave up trying to connect to the 'Net via my LAN and reinstalled Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk.
This time I installed on a newly formated (old) drive - No XP installation on hda1 partition, same PC, same network, only hard drive changed.
This time, after install completed, I just chose "Knoppix//Network-Internet./Network Card Configuration" from the Menu, OK'd DHCP and that was it.
This didn't work on previous install, so I can only assume that the 2.6 kernel screwing up the partition table on my WinXP drive also had something to do with finding 2 Ethernet connectors (only one on Gigabyte GA7n400-Pro 2 mobo - Gigabit ethernet).
Anyhow, my suggestion to anybody who wants to install Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk is to ONLY have Knoppix on that drive, no Windows XP dual boot.
master_b
I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.

Vintage Intel DX4 100MHz 486 Motherboard SBC CPU Board ALi Chipset Retro PC
$119.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage MCM Teak Wood Tambour Roll Top Desk Organizer Storage Box
$24.95
DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD
$109.95
Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88
Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00