I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.
Gave up trying to connect to the 'Net via my LAN and reinstalled Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk.
This time I installed on a newly formated (old) drive - No XP installation on hda1 partition, same PC, same network, only hard drive changed.
This time, after install completed, I just chose "Knoppix//Network-Internet./Network Card Configuration" from the Menu, OK'd DHCP and that was it.
This didn't work on previous install, so I can only assume that the 2.6 kernel screwing up the partition table on my WinXP drive also had something to do with finding 2 Ethernet connectors (only one on Gigabyte GA7n400-Pro 2 mobo - Gigabit ethernet).
Anyhow, my suggestion to anybody who wants to install Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk is to ONLY have Knoppix on that drive, no Windows XP dual boot.
master_b
I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99