I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.
Gave up trying to connect to the 'Net via my LAN and reinstalled Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk.
This time I installed on a newly formated (old) drive - No XP installation on hda1 partition, same PC, same network, only hard drive changed.
This time, after install completed, I just chose "Knoppix//Network-Internet./Network Card Configuration" from the Menu, OK'd DHCP and that was it.
This didn't work on previous install, so I can only assume that the 2.6 kernel screwing up the partition table on my WinXP drive also had something to do with finding 2 Ethernet connectors (only one on Gigabyte GA7n400-Pro 2 mobo - Gigabit ethernet).
Anyhow, my suggestion to anybody who wants to install Knoppix 3.4 to hard disk is to ONLY have Knoppix on that drive, no Windows XP dual boot.
master_b
I dual book Knoppix HD & Windows with no problems whatsoever. I dont see how having a dual boot system would stop linux from connecting to the internet.

Micron MTA9ASF2G72PZ‑3G2E1TI 128GB (8x16gb) 1RX8 DDR4‑3200 PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM
$961.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00