have you got room for a swapfile on your hdd? a 64Mb would be enough, and then you could kill a few running processes ad save some there...
Is it possible to get Knoppix run on 64Mb RAM, Pentium I.
I have changed my desktop to IceWM, as it takes low memory, but still, same error displaying "You need minimum 82Mb to run IceWM " appears.
Does changing Ramdisk Size help to overcome such problems? What is the minimum size of Ramdisk needed to run Knoppix ?
have you got room for a swapfile on your hdd? a 64Mb would be enough, and then you could kill a few running processes ad save some there...
I dont have HardDisk on my PC.
Is it related to ramdisk??
Hi
I have used 3.3. I could boot and work on kde on my pc with 197mb ram.
But 3.4 is not working with a comment states that KDE require minmum 81 mb. I have increased my ram to 368mb and i am getting the same problem
other x server work icemaker / windows maker / xfce. But i have been used to working in kde. Can some body tell whether i can make kde work with certain tweaking.
Why is the system not looking swap mamory
I'm running, albeit a bit slowly, on a 32MB Sony VAIO PCGF250 (350 Celeron). I installed K3.3 to hard drive, making sure a good-sized swap
partition was there. Made XFCE my window manager. Seems OK. I'm not
running any heavy apps.
Before this, ran Morphix lite and LuitLinux, but found they were lacking some
of the apps I wanted.
JN
Hi,
I could make xfce / icemaker / windows maker work.
But i am comfortable with kde. I had not created a swap partition. I had just created once partition but has sufficient space.
do you think, by creating a swap partition, i can make knoppix kde work.
Is there any way to create a partition from the existing space without deleting the partition.
Is there any configuration by which i can tell the system to use a directory as the swap space
I created a swap file enabled the swap partition and still kde is not working.
Is it required to start the swap file swapon -a

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable
$155.00
Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).
$95.50
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box
$200.00
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00