There are no services started by default by the stock knoppix cd. Certainly no iptables rules are initiated.
I just installed Knoppix on the HDD and then installed webmin. I cannot access webmin from a remote machine and am curious to know if there is any firewall installed by default with rules that would prevent access to port 10000?
TIA,
RT
There are no services started by default by the stock knoppix cd. Certainly no iptables rules are initiated.
Are you getting a particular error back when you try to access it?
I get a message that the address is not accessible. I'm accessing over the lan. I'll do mor investigation and report back.Originally Posted by UselessPython
RT

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99