-
Installing 3.4 with kernel 2.6.xxx ???
Hi.
Im currently downloading the latest en.iso of 3.4 (using 3.3 at the moment) with the intention to hdd install again.
From what I have read I just use "knoppix26" at boot to boot into knoppix with the 2.6 kernel then hdd install from here, set up grub and voilla a 2.6 kernel.
Surely its not this easy ?!?
If this ^^^ isnt they way to do it, is their an easier way then compiling it myself? (I have never done it and am scared!)
I also read that $"apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.6-1-k7" will work. Again, surely it cant be this easy.
If by some goodness both these ^^^ methods work, which would you suggest I use.
Also, is their anything I should consider before using 2.6.xxx?? Hardware issues, kernel panics etc???
Thanks for reading this.
Similar Threads
-
By eraserman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 07:43 AM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 22
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:07 PM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:02 AM
-
By jdong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 11:16 PM
-
By brjhaverkamp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99