Maybe I'm not understanding - how would knoppix know or care what ADSL modem you're using? Aren't you connecting to it via ethernet? I'm thinking that all Knoppix is going to know about is your ethernet card.
JD
i am just about to embark on a linux install but was wondering whether I will be able to get online once i have done it. I have a Zoom ADSL modem, where can i find drivers that will get it working under my linux install??
Maybe I'm not understanding - how would knoppix know or care what ADSL modem you're using? Aren't you connecting to it via ethernet? I'm thinking that all Knoppix is going to know about is your ethernet card.
JD
no its USB modem
Hello, Dude i had the same problem but with a Sagem 800 USB and u had to be Dr in linux to install them. I saved up and got a Modem and Ethernet Routor in one and it works like a dream.
Ash
P.s. They start From like £49 i dont know how much the ethnet only modems are.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73