Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NTFS problem

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    62

    NTFS problem

    I just installed Knoppix to hard drive, sharing a disk with Windows NT. Doing this, I replaced an install of MDK 9.x that was getting dated but wasn't causing any problems (other than that I seem to like Mandrake less and less). To do this, I had to grab some disk space from my Windows "D: drive", an NTFS partition. C: is FAT16. Lilo is installed to the MBR, so selecting "Windows" from its boot menu passes things off to the NT bootloader.

    So now that I've done this, every time I reboot I "lose" the NTFS partition. I have to delete and re-create the partition, with Disk Manager. This happened with Mandrake once when I examined the disk with DiskDrake, but has never happened otherwise. And installing Morphix instead corrected the problem. Apparently Knoppix is doing something to the disk the others aren't, but it looks like it happens under Lilo instead of the operating system, as it happens if I simply reboot NT. Anyone seen something like this?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16
    Install Partition Magic 8 and resize your partitions accordingly and then boot from knoppix CD run cfdisk and create an ext3 partition and a swap partition from the free partition where you want to install knoppix(C: as I understand) then reboot. Boot again from the knoppix CD and install it on the partition C:. You can put lilo/grub in the MBR if you like.

Similar Threads

  1. NTFS File permissions problem...
    By simkin101 in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 07:55 PM
  2. NTFS mounting problem
    By stf-ko in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:07 PM
  3. Problem resizing NTFS partition (bad sectors?)
    By dtopper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:43 AM
  4. problem reading ntfs
    By tyiooo in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 05:25 AM
  5. Problem reading NTFS partition
    By eliashan in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 08:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07