This is a great sugestion!
Hi.
Why is memtest86 not on the standard knoppix cdrom ?
I'm trying to make such a cd, but it would be nicer to have it on the original cd.
I'm using knoppix as a rescue cd, but without a decent memtester you can't say for sure the problems are windows or memory related![]()
This is a great sugestion!
<snip>
...memtest86... I'm trying to make such a cd...
</snip>
In the meantime, the official memtest86 website now has a bootable-CD ISO image available for download:
http://www.memtest86.com/
Memtest is not an application in the normal sense.
If you read up on the Memtest site, part of the way it scans the full system memory is by duplicating itself in RAM. It then jumps from one image to another in order to test the memory from which it is running.
I don't think it can be run alongside a full operating system.
It might be do-able as a boot option, but that's just speculation on my part. I'm just as happy with a second boot disk.
I have set it up as a boot option, and it works fine. But even if it was included as a floppy image that would be good also.Originally Posted by Guest

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98