-
orinoco_usb for w200 multiport.
Hi.
I installed Knoppix on my compaq evo n1015v, and I'm trying to get w200 working.
According to http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6517 and http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45306, and from other sources on the Web, I have to install orinoco_usb driver to get w200 working.
Since the newest orinoco driver doesn't include usb driver (http://www.nongnu.org/orinoco/), I downloaded two old versions from http://alioth.debian.org/project/sho...?group_id=1245 and http://ranty.pantax.net/~rrey/orinoc...-rrey4.tar.bz2. (the latter one is found on gentoo forum http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.p...482dcf9b842473).
And I'm new to linux.
I untarred both 0.2.2 and 0.3.0 in /usr/src. So, I have two orinoco driver directories under /usr/src.
And I go into 0.2.2 directory. I read README file and do the following:
Code:
/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2$ make KERNEL_SRC=/usr/src/linux
make -C driver
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2/driver'
mkdir -p .tmp_versions
cp /usr/src/linux/.tmp_versions/*.mod /usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2/driver/.tmp_versions
cp: cannot stat `/usr/src/linux/.tmp_versions/*.mod': No such file or directory
make[1]: [modules] Error 1 (ignored)
make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2/driver MODVERDIR=/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2/driver/.tmp_versions modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.26'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.26'
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.2.2/driver'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Could you explain the above error message?
Similar messege appears when I do make KERNEL_SRC=/usr/src/linux in 0.3.0 directory.
Code:
/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4$ make KERNEL_SRC=/usr/src/linux
make -C driver
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4/driver'
mkdir -p .tmp_versions
cp /usr/src/linux/.tmp_versions/*.mod /usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4/driver/.tmp_versions
cp: cannot stat `/usr/src/linux/.tmp_versions/*.mod': No such file or directory
make[1]: [modules] Error 1 (ignored)
make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4/driver MODVERDIR=/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4/driver/.tmp_versions modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.26'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.26'
make[1]: *** [modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/orinoco-usb-0.3.0-rrey4/driver'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I'm using knoppix 3.4. When I do uname -a, it says I'm running linux 2.4.26.
Since hardware (w200) isn't detected, wlanconfig kind of stuff doesn't work either.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Bimbel in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2, i5 1135G7, 256GB, 8GB, 20VE003GUS no OS, Iris Xe, 15.6"
$200.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7a 2-in-1 16" 2K LCD Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen AI 7 445 20...
$849.99

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$349.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99