A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]
Hi,
I've just done a HD Install of Knoppix 3.4 and would like to know how to enable the Telnet server so I can access it from my Windows PC. I can use SSH ok but i need the telnet service as well. I have searched the forums and tried all the possible suggestions that I could find but canot get it to start.
When i try to telnet i get: "Could not connect to the host, on port 23: connect failed"
If someone could guide me through this it would be most appreciated as it's the only outstanding config I have to do.
Thanks for any info or help on this
Paul.
A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$111.30
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 Raid Card 12Gbps HBA HDD Controller 9300-8i
$16.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46