A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]
Hi,
I've just done a HD Install of Knoppix 3.4 and would like to know how to enable the Telnet server so I can access it from my Windows PC. I can use SSH ok but i need the telnet service as well. I have searched the forums and tried all the possible suggestions that I could find but canot get it to start.
When i try to telnet i get: "Could not connect to the host, on port 23: connect failed"
If someone could guide me through this it would be most appreciated as it's the only outstanding config I have to do.
Thanks for any info or help on this
Paul.
A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99