A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]
Hi,
I've just done a HD Install of Knoppix 3.4 and would like to know how to enable the Telnet server so I can access it from my Windows PC. I can use SSH ok but i need the telnet service as well. I have searched the forums and tried all the possible suggestions that I could find but canot get it to start.
When i try to telnet i get: "Could not connect to the host, on port 23: connect failed"
If someone could guide me through this it would be most appreciated as it's the only outstanding config I have to do.
Thanks for any info or help on this
Paul.
A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU
$109.99