A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]
Hi,
I've just done a HD Install of Knoppix 3.4 and would like to know how to enable the Telnet server so I can access it from my Windows PC. I can use SSH ok but i need the telnet service as well. I have searched the forums and tried all the possible suggestions that I could find but canot get it to start.
When i try to telnet i get: "Could not connect to the host, on port 23: connect failed"
If someone could guide me through this it would be most appreciated as it's the only outstanding config I have to do.
Thanks for any info or help on this
Paul.
A quote from man telnetd:
/usr/sbin may not be in your path so you'd need to pass the entire path to launch it.Code:/usr/sbin/in.telnetd [-hns] [-a authmode] [-D debugmode] [-L loginprg] [-S tos] [-X authtype] [-edebug] [-debug port]

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99